- 2014 Training Program Apprentice Jenna Adamek publishes essay about her Powerhouse experience (Read PDF)
- Powerhouse Theater Training Program at Vassar College now accepting summer 2015 applications
- Almanac weekly finds much to be liked in Powerhouse's dance-play "In Your Arms"
- Broadway World interviews dancer Ryan Steele about performing in the Powerhouse production "In Your Arms" which continues through July 13
The 2015 Powerhouse Theater season will run from June 26 - August 2 on the Vassar campus. To make sure you get ticket information first and receive immediate notices about casting, performance schedules, and other Powerhouse news:
- Sign up for the Powerhouse mailing list
- Find Powerhouse on Facebook
- Follow @powerhouse_thtr on Twitter
Email us if you have further questions. We look forward to seeing you this summer!
June 19 - July 26, 2015
Powerhouse Theater apprentices are challenged to look at the world of theater in new and meaningful ways. They explore the boundaries of performance by living, breathing, and creating theater with peers and professionals alike - to come away with an experience that will inform the rest of their lives.
Each season around 45-50 students from across the country and around the world participate in the training program and form the Powerhouse Apprentice Company. These young artists – current students, recent graduates, and future theater professionals – are provided with a distinctive opportunity to create their own new work as well as work on the development of theater and musical productions headed for Broadway and top-ranked theaters nation-wide. This educational experience is not replicated anywhere else in the country. Some of the program alumnae/i include Ayad Akhtar, Erin Buckley, Melissa Errico, Amy Fox, Rob Handel, Josh Joya, Catherine Kellner, Katherine Kovner, Kate MacCluggage, Josh Radnor, Edward Ricourt, Jordan Roth, Leah Ryan, Jen Silverman, Alexandra Tolk, and Jonathan Togo.
Find Powerhouse Apprentices on Facebook®.