Full subscriptions to this year's season are available for purchase online as of Wednesday, May 15. Single tickets will be available for purchase online as of June 5. The box office opens Jume 12.
New work by Steve Martin & Edie Brickell, and by Tony Award® winner Lin-Manuel Miranda, highlight the 2013 Vassar & New York Stage and Film Powerhouse Theater Season
The line-up of new works for the 29th Powerhouse season includes a musical by actor, writer, and prolific Grammy Award® winner Steve Martin and fellow musician Edie Brickell, as well as the latest from Tony Award winner Lin-Manuel Miranda, the creator of Broadway’s In the Heights. The 6-week season runs from June 21-July 28.
New musicals involving Steve Martin and Edie Brickell, the authors Michael Chabon and Ayelet Waldman, and the composer Lin-Manuel Miranda will be part of the Powerhouse Theater’s season June 21 to July 28, according to the producers, New York Stage and Film and Vassar College. — New York Times, Arts Beat
- Powerhouse Theater Training Program now accepting 2013 applications through March 22, 2013 (Posted 3/13/2013)
- Powerhouse adds an additional workshop performance of the new indie rock musical Murder Ballad on Sun, 7/29, at 7:30pm. (Posted 7/25/2012)
- Vassar & New York Stage and Film’s Powerhouse Theater wraps up its 28th season with an amazing weekend of new plays and musicals. (Posted 7/24/2012)
- Tony nominees Daniel Breaker and Will Swenson & Dee Roscioli and Rebecca Naomi Jones in cast of the Powerhouse Theater workshop of Murder Ballad (7/27-29). (Posted 7/16/2012)
- Denise Burse, Harriett D. Foy, Lynda Gravatt, Nikiya Mathis, Dennis Parlato, Saycon Sengbloh, and Tracie Thoms cast in Powerhouse Theater's workshop of “The House That Will Not Stand” (7/20-22). (Posted 7/13/2012)